The Colt Sub Compact Weapon (SCW™) is the most compact of Colt’s 5.56mm family of weapons.
The SCW features Colt’s patented one-piece monolithic upper receiver**and a Colt collapsible folding buttstock* for confined space combat operations and close quarters battle. Where previous small caliber personal defense weapons were inadequate in caliber or configuration for engaging varying target sets, the Colt SCW in 5.56x45mm NATO provides the stopping power soldiers need on the battlefield. Its ultra lightweight compact design allows maneuverability in highly confined areas of operation.
The SCW also allows for quick and easy transition from vehicles and aircraft, thus providing much more firepower and range to aircrews and vehicle operators than handguns. Incorporating a new bolt carrier/buffer system, the SCW has been engineered to provide the same dependable reliability as the Colt M4 in a much more compact design. Additional benefits incorporated into the SCW include a reduction in recoil and an increase in controllability. Equipped with its unique holster/sling system*, the Colt SCW allows the user to easily transition from any other weapon. Designed specifically for vehicle & aircraft crews, joint forces, special operations forces, and reconnaissance units, the Colt SCW provides for increased mobility and firepower on the modern battlefield, but with longer range capabilities than handgun caliber systems. Commonality of ammunition with other weapons in the support formation not only simplifies logistical relief, but also provides for ease of resupply by any supporting unit while conducting operations. With all of these design enhancements and augmentations, this weapon has earned its place among Colt weapons and the right to its name “Colt SCW”.
* Patent Pending
** U.S. Patent # 7,131,228 B2
- one-piece monolithic upper receiver
- collapsible folding buttstock
- ultra lightweight compact design
- engineered to provide the same dependable reliability as the Colt M4 in a much more compact design
- when equipped with unique holster/sling system, allows the user to easily transition from any other weapon
- commonality of ammunition with other weapons in the support formation not only simplifies logistical relief, but also provides for ease of resupply by any supporting unit while conducting operations
|5.56x45 NATO (.223 Rem.)
|6.5 lbs (2.95 kg)
|28.5 in. (72.39 cm)
|30.25 in. (76.84 cm)
|23.5 in. (59.69 cm)
|10.3 in. (26.26 cm)